Going Home 

I’ve been AWOL lately. I’ve been a bad poet and an even worse writer. Not because the product is crap but because there is no product. I haven’t burned the midnight oil in months. I haven’t sat in front of the laptop or notebook or a napkin in longer than I care to admit. I’ve starved my Wild Woman because of happiness. 

Now I know that sounds strange. So strange in fact that I didn’t recognize what the “issue” was until I was more than halfway through Clarissa Pinkola Estes’ masterpiece, “Woman Who Run With Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype”. I’m happy. I’m changing. And it’s overwhelming. No matter the positive implications it’s effecting my craft negatively. I’ve been too long gone from my home. My soul home. My inner wolf. I’ve starved the beast and now it demands retribution. And this is it. This right here. Me writing and telling the world (what little part of the world cares) that I’m going home. 

Please don’t take that too literal. I’m not boarding a plane, train or automobile. No, I’m hardly moving at all. Instead I’m going to crawl under the covers, turn on the lamp and allow myself to feel. 

I need to recognize the change stirring within me and accept all the implications: big and little. Only then will I be able to become the creative individual I know I am. The individual my soul demands. 

Until then, farewell. I’ll be back with wise words for you soon. If not wise, maybe just words. 

-A Fellow Outcast 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Misfit Tales 

Twinkle Twinkle 

Lollipop Smiles